Friday, September 28, 2007

And yet they won't let KISS in

Seems Madonna, The Beastie Boys and John Cougar (or is it John Cougar Mellancamp, or John Jacob Jinglehymerschmidt ... "his name is my name, too." Are all soon to be inducted into the Rock 'n' roll hall of fame.

I'm not exactly sure what the requirements are but seriously ... Madonna? Granted, she's changed personas more times than Cher's had plastic surgery, but it's just hard to imagine her next to the likes of The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, etc.

The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Most Overexposed Diva of the MTV Era? Where's the ballot.

As for Cougar/Mellancamp and The Beasties (who am I to judge). John's just a poor man's version of Bruce Springsteen and Tom Petty.

And I really like The Beasties ... "License to Ill" changed my life.