Tuesday, September 18, 2007

'Scuze me while I kiss this guy

It's the most obnoxious habit in the history of rock ... dude's who don't know the words.

Course we've all done it. I thought Bette Midler was singing about "from a deer stand," and AC/DC was saying they were "caught in the middle of a ring of time." (From a Distance and Thunderstruck respectively).

But here's a hilarious column with Web sites attached all about those famously distorted lines - "Scuze me, while I kiss this guy," and "Rolled up like a douche."

Check it out and turn red with embarrassment after learning you've been humming the wrong words for decades.
http://testpattern.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/09/18/365374.aspx

But in case you're wondering ... Yep, Steve Miller really does call himself the "pompatus of love" and no 'pompatus" is not a word