Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Straight to hell ... indeed

I must admit to loving Drivin' 'n' Cryin'. And yes, without doubt one of the loudest bands I've ever seen ever. And I've seen Kiss (6 times) Ted Nugent, AC/DC, WASP, Stryper, Alabama, Joan Jett, Pat Benetar, QuarterFlash.

Wait ... what was I blogging about? Oh D 'n' C. One of the better live bands, but that also comes from the fact that I've only seen 'em in seedy bars and tiny gyms. But I'd stack "Mystery Road" up against any of the great Southern Rock classics and of course the MTV-hit Fly Me Courageous wails ... which is where the real volume comes from.

And, as a side note, the overlooked solo work of Kevin Kinney is very good - solid songwriting but delivered with acoustic twang - especially in his debut, "The Flower and the Knife, which includes acoutic versions of classic D 'n' C songs, Straight to Hell and Scarred but Smarter, along with Dylan covers, I shall be realeased and the haunting, "hollis brown." Listened to it just the other day.