Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dang you carrie underwood

Fresh of a disappointing even when I simply couldn't stay up late enough to celebrate Southern pride with the likes of Molly Hatchet, I was torn by a peacful slumber by a Satanic song haunting my brain.

Happens more often than I care to admit.

Carrie Underwood, that country minx from some American Idol past was howling about "... Right now she's probably singing some white-trash version of Shania karaoke ... Right now, she's probably sayin' 'I'm drunk' and you're thinkin' you're gonna get lucky."

I was actually humming this monstrous hit in my sleep. And either the chorus or my wife's well placed elbow roused my painfully from bed ... at 5:30.

Now I love/loathe pop music as much as anyone, but what causes these things to pop in there with all the common courtesy of a brain tumor? And then how do we get 'em out once they appear.

I haven't even heard that song in ages. Course, it could be worse - It could be "8-6-7-5-3-0-9 ... Jenny."

Great. Now that one's stuck. Help, how do I get these song out of my head?