Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Drivin' 'N Cryin' and loud bands

Had an interesting conversation in The Star's newsroom yesterday. (Yep, we occasionally can be interesting up here on McClellan.)

Someone mentioned that Drivin' 'N Cryin' was coming to Brothers in Jacksonville. I cheered; they're a great band, or at least used to be 15 years ago. Somewhere deep inside my closet I have an old, worn-out Drivin' T-shirt from '92, I think. I may have to break it out this weekend. (Sing along...."I'm going straight to .... Just like my mama said ... I'm going straight to ... ")

And immediately two guys agreed that Drivin' was one of the loudest -- if not the loudest -- bands they ever saw. And that's saying something, considering these two guys have seen their share of shows over the years.

Anyway, I looked around to see if I could find a date for Drivin' at Brothers. Couldn't find it. (Here's Drivin's Web site.) But I've included the show schedule for the next few months from Brothers Web site. Click here to see more.

AUGUST
30 - HIGH TIDE BLUES BAND 8 pm $5/8
31 - STANDARD CANDLE 8 pm $5/8
SEPTEMBER
1 - KNECKDOWN 8 pm $5/8
6 - JOHN ALVERSON 8 pm $5/8
7 - ROUND 21 8 pm $5/8
8 - LEFT WITHOUT STARS 8 pm $5/8
11 - VELCRO PYGMIES 8 pm $8/10
13 - HIDDEN ELEMENT 8 pm $5/8
15 - GA CADILLACS 8 pm $5/8
20 - WILX 8 pm $5/8
27 - HIGH TIDE BLUES BAND 8 pm $5/8
29 - BRANDED WITH FEAR 8 pm $5/8