Thursday, August 23, 2007

Molly Hatchet live! In Anniston!



I don't know about you, but I'll be doing some flirtin' with disaster Saturday night on Noble Street when Molly Hatchet -- Yes, that Molly Hatchet -- plays Rumble on Noble.

(If only I could grow a mullet ... )

I have to admit, I'm a Hatchet fan. Saw 'em in the early 80s; think the last time was in '81 at an outdoor music festival when I was about 15. All I remember about it was I liked the music, there were lots of bikinis, and I was the only dude there not waving a Confederate flag.

Maybe that's what Noble Street will be like Saturday night.

When I get home tonight, I'm gonna break out my Hatchet live album and crank it up for the 8-year-old. Might even give him a mullet for old time's sake.

Here's the Hatchet Web site.

(By the way, the band's Web site mispells Noble Street on its tour date list. Might want to update that before Saturday night.)