Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rumble on Noble photos




OK, it's late, I smell like beer -- dude next to me wasted half a Budweiser on my right leg -- and what little hearing I had is now gone. For good.
But it was fun.
I've sent along a few photos: The first is of Molly Hatchet guitarist Bobby Ingram. The second is of the lead singer from the band Geneva. And the third is of JB Walker and the Cheap Whiskey Band. I'll try to post a few more when I get some sleep.
The music was loud -- especially Hatchet -- and a few too many of the yahoos at the show had too much to drink for my taste. Hard to enjoy the show when you're avoiding shoving matches between ... you get the point.
There were some highlights. The guitar player for the JB Walker band was pretty good. That band and Geneva both covered John Mellencamp's "Pink Houses," and Hatchet covered "Freebird," of course. This, too: I'm not so sure how many people can tell you anything about Geneva's set because of the outfit the singer wore -- or what she didn't wear, if you get my drift.
Oh, well. If I have more thoughts I'll post them when I get the other pictures sent your way.
Even if you're not a huge fan of Southern rock, it was good to have shows in downtown Anniston. This town needs more of it.