Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Straight outta ... retirement

Hard to believe, but that seminal Gangsta rap record, NWA's "Straight outta Compton" is about to turn 20. I remeber talking my Dad into buying this tape for me ... back when records with those parental warning stickers were held under glass and ID was required for purchase.

It scared the crap out of me. In a good way. And it, along with mayby "Appetite for Destruction" sounds just as angry and alienated as it did the day it "dropped."

That and it reminds me of the days before Ice Cube sold out to make family movies and people were embarrassed to wear Raiders gear.

So in honor of this anniversary, yet another reissue is coming, this time it'll be - Straight outta Wal-Mart
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003655771