Saturday, December 1, 2007

Top albums of 2007

I was in college once -- twice, actually -- and I vaguely remember what college radio was like. I'm not totally oblivious.

But I've been intrigued this week by the release of the top albums list of 2007 as compiled by The Chanticleer, the student newspaper at Jacksonville State. It's online, so check out the list here.

Here's the top five of the JSU list, offered in reverse order for a really cool suspense. You'll have to click over to the newspaper's Web site to get the pithy comments.

5. Liars - Liars
4. Rilo Kiley - Under the Black Light
3.Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
2. Radiohead - In Rainbows
1. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?

Forty-year-olds often are seen as out-of-touch by college folks, especially when it comes to music. I guess it's true; we speak a different musical language, or at least some of us do. But I may just have to check out some of these CDs. Never know, I could be pleasantly surprised.